Finefutures recognises that it is important for us, our clients and our staff to invest in our team. This is why we have decided to offer:
- Competitive pay
- 24hr on call support to staff on shift
- We listen to our staff via engagement surveys
- Our own staff rated us 8/10 as a good employer overall
- Each staff member has a personal development plan
- Preference to hire internally through development of current staff
Finefutures offers a suite of learning packages, from the statutory and mandatory expectations within the sector, to bespoke learning. Adult learning is a very important function within the company and the sector, so Finefutures offers a blended approach which includes classroom-based face-to-face learning, distance learning, online assessments and self-directed learning.
Each worker will be assigned their foundation learning during the induction period, which incorporates the Care Certificate and company mandatory learning. Moving forwards, colleagues are supported to achieve Health and Social Care Apprenticeships at level 2, 3, 4 and 5. Local Authorities facilitate additional bespoke learning through our partnerships. Finefutures ensures remuneration for completing the training and awards the certificates of completion for each module / subject achieved to the learner for their records.
At FineFutures we take staff welfare seriously and support our staff in a variety of ways. See below some of the ways we support our staff.
Black Workers Forum (BWF)
Black and minority ethnic workers forum is open to all company employees who self-define as being from a minority ethnic group or background. The BWF offers BME staff development opportunities, creating networks of support and helping them with discrimination when it occurs.
The BWF aims to:
- Support personal development of members through training and empowerment opportunities.
- Provide a confident support network for members and a safe environment in which concerns can be discussed and addressed.
- Increase awareness of BME cultures and issues among company employees.
- Make links with LGBT+, Disabled workers and women’s networks to jointly address issues that are of common interest to all.
Employee Assistance Program
At FineFutures, we support our staff by providing a third party employee assistance programme, which includes:
- 24/7 telephone advice
- Face-to-face counselling
- A suite of online tools to help you stay happy and healthy.
These are to help our staff handle issues they may be experiencing in a confidential and safe way.
The EAP can help with issues such as: Family, Medical Information, Gambling Issues, Consumer Issues, Relationship advice, Childcare Support, Domestic Abuse, Tax Information, Legal Information, Housing Concerns, Bereavement or Stress and Anxiety
Mental Health First Aiders
We also have staff who are trained as Mental Health First Aiders, through Mental Health First Aid England. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) provides a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue. They have been trained to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.